November 5, 2018
Dear Friends of Genesis Classical Academy:
“And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” –Ecclesiastes 4:12 ESV
God is really into numbers. The number three (3) Biblically represents divine wholeness, completeness and perfection: 3 persons of the Trinity; Jonah, 3 days and nights in the belly of a fish; Satan’s 3-fold temptation; Peter denied Jesus 3 times, and most importantly – Jesus’ resurrection on the 3rd day.
When we have a desire to highlight an idea, thought, or something noteworthy, we often use a list of three. For Genesis Classical Academy, 3 represents wisdom, knowledge and understanding; truth, goodness and beauty; and Christ, Character and Classical. We would also like you to consider that:
1. We turn no students or families away for financial reasons. GCA is first and foremost about bringing the Gospel to as many young people as possible, and to give them the Biblical tools to live courageously in a tumultuous world. Even when our parents take second jobs, use their tax return money, and sacrifice essentials, only 47% of our expenses are met through tuition payments. The full support of grandparents, friends, our communities, churches and outside donors is needed this year to raise an additional $160,000. Praise the Lord that we have always balanced our budget in the black with a small reserve!
2. Good character comes before, and is necessary to, a strong academic base. Studies show that most people feel they have good moral character. If that is true, why are so many young people graduating without the ability to make sound, ethical decisions? Could it be that the world is teaching our children that morality is relative to their own interests and feelings? At GCA we teach morality according to the example lived out by Jesus Christ: follow the commandments of God, be holy, be generous, be a servant, present your bodies as a living sacrifice, and be willing to lay down your life for your brother.
3. A good education includes wisdom, knowledge and understanding. It is not good enough to have information. Smart people can change the world, but it may very well be for the worse. It is our responsibility to teach our students how to discern good from evil and facts from fallacies so that their robust, classical education serves the world well and pleases their Creator.
The $35,000 DOUBLE Match Challenge!
Did the three paragraphs above resonate with you? Do you worry about the generations to come? Do you wish that many children or grandchildren could have that kind of education? They can! We just need the resources to keep enrolling children! They are coming!
Four donors have, once again, put up a $35,000 matching challenge. Your generous donation made between Nov. 1 and Dec. 31, 2018 will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $35,000 for a total of $70,000. But if we DOUBLE MATCH, we could potentially raise $105,000 or more! The night of this fall’s convocation ceremony, we had a terrible storm. We had to send people home. When it was over, and we stepped outside, a rare and full, DOUBLE RAINBOW showed up in the eastern sky right in front of our school. We are believing for a DOUBLE PORTION of blessing from God this year so that we can continue to turn no child away as we begin enrollment in January for 2019-20. Because He is faithful, we are confident that He will lay on our donors’ hearts His wish of, “Let all the little children come to Me.”
The Challenge of 52
This year we have 75 students in grades preschool through 7th. We will be adding 8th grade next year, and in the fall of 2020, we will begin to add high school. It is almost unfathomable that a school of this caliber even exists in this remote area of Minnesota, and we have families driving from 40 miles away to attend. But we have room for more students, and not only are we dreaming about them, we are also preparing for the students to come!
There are 52 weeks in a year. Will you begin to visualize the mission of GCA week-by-week, praying for the students, the staff, the families and the Board? Will you consider pledging an amount per week/month for the next 52 weeks? If you have a current monthly pledge, would you consider a small increase? Pledges smooth out our budget from month-to-month rather than facing drastic moves up and down in contributions. We are also moving into a season of expansion, and we will be working on acquiring additional space. That space will come at a cost, but we are excited!
Nehemiah built the wall in Jerusalem in a record-breaking 52 days, and it is possible to meet these challenges 52 days from the date of this letter, on the day we celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ – December 25th (the reverse of 52!). Please help us give to any child who wishes to come to GCA the priceless gift of a Christ-centered, character-filled, classical education.
Isn’t it wonderful to be part of something so positive growing in our community? Will you go outside of your comfort zone, and prayerfully consider the largest donation that you can make toward the $35,000 DOUBLE Match? Will you accept the Challenge of 52? Can you do both? You can mail your contribution to Genesis Classical Academy, PO Box 735, Winnebago, MN 56098, or donate online at www.genesisclassical.com
May your Thanksgiving and Christmas reflection be filled with amazement, as together we ponder what great blessings have been poured out upon us.
GENESIS CLASSICAL ACADEMY
Renée T. Doyle,
P.S. All pledges will be annualized and will count toward the $35,000 match. GCA is a 501(c)3 charitable organization and contributions are tax-deductible.
Other Ways to Contribute to GCA:
- Donations of assets such as real estate, grain, rental revenue, stocks and property
- GCA as a memorial recipient
- Life insurance – GCA as the beneficiary
- Qualified Charitable Distributions from IRAs required at retirement age *
- 529 K-12 tuition savings plans that allow MN residents to qualify for a tax credit worth up to $500 each year. Grandparents can do this too! *
*Contact your Thrivent Financial advisor or another professional financial advisor for more information.